Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Our FINAL verdict on Nivea Men Post Shave Balm as Makeup Primer

Hello Ladies how are you all doing? So I finally have a opinion on using "Nivea Men Post Shave Balm" as Makeup primer after giving it chance in different seasons. We all are aware of the shift that covered whole makeup community after NikkieTutorials discovered that any usual primer and Nivea Men PSB has the main ingredients in common. So definitely I had to try it myself too.
I have combination skin but it tends to get really oily and shiny on T-zone area after two to three hours without any primer, except for that I have dry skin on area of my cheeks, forehead and around lips.
Front
Back
Ingredients


My Experience:
I first used it in summers, like in June or July and MANNNNN it was a mess. Firstly I didn't like the feel of it, it was so wet and sticky which also doesn't seem to get absorb. It didn't last for a hour tbh and it was itchy all over my face, my foundation disappeared and what not. So, my first experience was super bad. I still kept it in my collection to see if it will work in winters.
So in the coldest days of winter this January 2017 when I initially applied it I felt so hydrating on skin and I actually liked it as it didn't make my face oily or shiny during day and I thought may be I was wrong as it IS a good primer substitute. Now this week when the temperature is increasing gradually in Lahore and I applied it with two different foundation which are my go-to foundations for work and YES!! you guessed it right, it separated my foundation and made my T-zone oily within an hour.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
It can't be used as regular primer as it doesn't fill up pores or made them blur because it doesn't have silicon in it. It does feel hydrating but only if you have super dry skin and its chilly outside. And Sana says it balls up her foundation especially Estee Lauder one. It separates the foundation within hour. For me and Sana it was basically a mess, I probably will stick to my Benefit Pore Professional for events and Flamor Primer or any other for daily use, even my Neutrogena Sun Screen holds up my foundation well than Nivea Man PSM. I don't say Nikkie's claim is wrong, may be the temperature in her country allows her to use it but if you are in Pakistan and you are planning to use it, it isn't your thing honey!! (as far we believe).

I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE..........EVER. But if it does suit than good for you :)

Regards,
Maria Naz.

No comments:

Post a Comment