Saturday, April 15, 2017

St'Ives Black Head Clearing Green Tea Scrub

From few months I have been obsessed with scrubs and masks, I drop two or more tubes in my trolley during purchasing grocery every month and still I want to go back and purchase some more.
Today I will be writing about St'Ives Black Head Clearing Green Tea Scrub which I purchased 2 months before, I think I have used it enough to have an opinion.

Front side
Back side


As on their site:

Green tea packs a punch in this derma-tested, blackhead-tackling scrub. It’s got those good guys – antioxidants and it’s moderately exfoliating too, helping to target blackheads, unclog pores and calms redness, for a more even skin tone. It also contains olive leaf extract which the Egyptians saw as a symbol of heavenly power. And who’d argue with that?
Natural Ingredients:
  • Green tea
  • Exfoliating mineral
Extra Benefits:

  • Contains 1% Salicylic acid which helps to clear blackheads
  • Unclogs dirt and oil from pores, helping to clear blackheads and calm redness
  • Instantly reveals skin’s natural radiance
  • Made with 100% natural exfoliants
  • Medium exfoliation scrub factor level
  • Hypoallergenic & Paraben free
  • Dermatologist tested & non-comedogenic (meaning it doesn’t block your pores.
How to use:
"Squeeze a dime sized amount of scrub onto your fingertips and massage onto damp skin. Spread in small circular motions, applying gentle pressure to wake your skin’s natural circulation. Work all over, right up to your hairline and onto the sides of your nose. When you’re done, rinse and pat dry with a clean towel."

Some informal information:
All hail the green tea revolution! Not only does it make a refreshing drink, but did you know its also got all sorts of skin benefits too? We’ve gone all green-eyed.
Our green tea leaves come from China and are processed in the traditional Chinese way. This involves heating them to stop oxidation so they stay that lovely vibrant green color. The goodness is then extracted by very gently by soaking them. It takes a little longer but we think it’s worth it. 

Packaging:

It comes in a standard squeezable tube with a flip cover which has 6 OZ/ 170g of product.






My thoughts:

I pretty much love all my scrubs as I have dry skin which tends to get scaly too at times, I HAVE to use scrub to remove dry skin and clear my pores. The formula is grainy but the particles are not as clear or separate as the regular oats or apricot scrub, also the scrub feels more like aqua-ish than creamy with mild harshness (I hope it makes sense).  When I first used it I was more than amazed, I was in LOVE. It made my skin so smooth and fresh and I loved every bit of it, and then reality happened. Two days after using it my skin became more drier and I had alot of dry patches too. I used it 4-5 more times to see if it was actually this scrub causing the dryness which later was proved right.
The back side of the tube says clearly that under heading Warning "skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occue if you are using another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical medication at a time". Although I am not using any medication as I hardly get acne, but it is probably just my sensitive skin being more sensitive :p. Also in Direction  heading it says that dryness can occur from first usage so you should increase its use gradually from one time a day to 2-3 times a day.
I believe that it is more suited for people who have acne as the scrubbing particles are mild and more likely will suit those who have oily or combination skin. It really does what it claims, it doesn't magically eliminate all black heads in single go but it does make your skin feel smoother and fresh. 

Final thought:
I would definitely recommend it to any one who is dealing with acne and have combination/oily skin. It may not suit well to people with dry skin, but it doesn't hurt to use once in a month when you REALLY need some scrubbing.

Pros:

  • Travel friendly as comes in tube which closes with click.
  • Economical and easily available over the counter.
  • Lesser harsh chemicals, made with natural ingredients.
  • Quite effective on newly-formed blackheads and whiteheads, prevents future zits
Cons:
  • May not suit extra dry skin.
  • Can be too mild for extra oily skins.
  • The results may not be shown right after first usage.
Price and availability:
I got it from Al-Fatah Gulberg and it cost around Rs. 250/-

We greatly value your feedback, please do tell us in comments your favourite scrub and skin type.

With Love,
Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment